Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meu Pai Com Olhos Verdes

My father is

Warm

Dark

Madeira in his blood, in his

Eyes

Green like pine, like

Chá verde.

 

He used to

Tap his Vic Furth drumsticks

On my knees

And sing

“Goodnight” to me

By The Beatles when I was

Falling asleep.

 

My father would

Dance with me in the kitchen

After ballet, or on

Sunday mornings


My father would

Crack open the door to my room

The light leaking through

And sit on my bed.

He would lean down and

Put his arms around me

Humming

“Good night

Sleep tight”

Strangers’ cigarettes

The bitter backstage smell

And his musty jacket

Swimming into my

Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patience!

    I think the layout of this blog is great; I didn;t expect the blur on black to work but I think it's easier to read than I would have thought and seems to fit the theme you're going for. I also like where you placed your "about me" and followers section, they're easy to find and access. One suggestion I would give is possibly using a smaller font. When reading your poems it's slightly tedious to have to keep scrolling down, so I would suggest either making them smaller or spacing them close together.

    And of course the writing is beautiful as always. Lovely poems full of images and I can really hear your voice when I read them.

    Keep updating!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete